Sunday, May 13, 2018

Holding it Together and Falling Apart

So, I've surprised myself.  I've been really excited for graduation and for my kids moving into high school and college.  I've only cried a little bit, even during the slideshow at the end-of- year Band Banquet.  Ok, there was a bit of sobbing at the middle school Chorus concert, but they DID play a heartwarming video of the kids recording "I Have a Voice" to include during a live benefit for Stoneman Douglas High School.  Plus, it all of a sudden hit me that she was graduating, too.  (I get one more year of elementary school next year-then done forever).

The way home from the banquet and many times today were another story.  I just kept getting triggered, totally depressed and overwhelmed.  I hope tomorrow is better, because really, it's ridiculous, like PMS on steroids.  I think all the various stresses, anticipated changes, and just staying strong finally caught up with me.

The next two weeks should be interesting.  Then, my calendar is blank.....wow.....

Philippians 4:7

"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds n Christ Jesus."