Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Have you ever said, "I just can't do this anymore!!!" ?

At our house a common phrase uttered by my husband and I (in thought and voice) is "I just can't do this anymore!!!". 


I remember a particular annoying phase my kids went through when they were young - pouring water on the floor.  They would go over to the refrigerator dispenser (at the time, ours didn't lock), fill a cup and pour it on the floor.  About two weeks later when I was at the end of my rope, the phase just ended.  I always remind myself that most aggravating phases last no more than two weeks.



Of course, my children are older now, but I still think that the roller coaster of hormones and emotions follows a similar pattern.  About when I think, "I just can't do this anymore!!!", the course will change and our relationships and behaviors as a family improve.  God is good!



"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength."  Philippians 4:13