Thursday, June 11, 2009

Summer Vacation

I decided to check back in, and of course, realized that I haven't posted since last October (I think). What a great school year it has been! It is now Thursday night of the 1st week of summer vacation, and I am already exhausted! I thought I was supposed to start relaxing-ha! We are having fun and keeping busy. Hannah (now 14 months!) is doing a great job in the pool! Though she loves her baths, she was a bit afraid of the pool earlier in the season. She can't wait to get in now, though! She is kicking and moving her arms and grabbing the steps-I am so proud of her! I taught swim lessons in late high school/early college and love to work with the little ones. Of course, Justin and Rachel want to hang on or around me the whole time, but that is a blessing in and of itself. Justin had a GREAT day on Tuesday, a joy to be with. Today, we had more fighting, but not the whole day, so thank goodness for that!

I am reconsidering the wisdom of scheduling Justin's ENT appointment for 9 a.m.way across town, especially since the plan was to take the kids to Disney afterward, but I'll probably feel better about it in the morning. I definitely noticed a lag with myself when I didn't have a specific plan in place today. "Camp Director" is a tiring job, for sure!